Friday 26 June 2009

Cherry Blossoms of Kyoto

Cherry blossom is called a "sakura" in Japanese which symbolizes the nation.

Japanese spring March through early April a town and the village become full of the pink of the cherry blossoms. It soooo beautiful.

I just bought a gorgeous English book called "Cherry Blossoms of Kyoto". The book features 48 superlative cherry blossom viewing locations in Kyoto.

The ancient city of Kyoto was the imperial seat for over a thousand years(~end of the 8 century), Kyoto develop a rich culture of courtly origins.

I was deeply fascinated by this book, the cherry blossoms and temples , shrines are just gorgeous. I don't know any other word to describe it. I need to read as many as English book*) to learn more words. By the way thank you for reading my blog which I think some times hard to understand because of my odd English.
It nearly took 2 hours to finish one blog:)

2 comments:

  1. We went to Kyoto (& Tokyo & Hiroshima) in April 2007. It was beautiful. The cherry blossoms are to die for. This is when I fell in love with Japan. I hope for it to become a yearly holiday destination for me and my family in the not too distant future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, Kyoto is my favorite place in Japan. Particularly beautiful in spring with cherry blossoms and autumn with colored leaves aroud everywhere.I love to travel aroud Japan soon.

    ReplyDelete